A snowmobile bill of sale is a legal written document that the snowmobile seller uses to transfer his rights and interests in his snowmobile to the buyer. If you are selling or buying a snowmobile, it is important to be familiar with the snowmobile bill of sale form.
How important snowmobile bill of sale is…
A snowmobile bill of sale is a very important document that helps the government track sales of recreational vehicles. The sale is tracked by the government for purposes of registration of the vehicles and collection of the tax. The format of the bill of sale differs from state to state, as the information required is different. The templates that are offered by motor vehicle offices or tax consultants can be used for preparing the snowmobile bill of sale. A buyer or seller can also prepare his/her own bill of sale with helps of a ready-to-use form. However, it is a good idea to consult the local government office for the specific information that needs to be included before you draft one.
A bill of sale for a snowmobile helps the buyer and seller of the vehicle to document the sales transaction in writing and protects their rights. Such a bill also proves useful to the buyer and seller for their accounting and tax purposes. The buyer can use the snowmobile bill of sale as a proof of ownership when register the vehicle as well as apply for an insurance program.
Check it out Bill of Sale FAQs if you want to know more information on Bill of Sale.
When do you need to prepare a snowmobile bill of sale
The bill of sale is documented in the following cases:
- When a new snowmobile is purchased from a dealer.
- When a used snowmobile is purchased from a dealer and the vehicle was / was not previously registered in any state.
- When a used snowmobile is purchased from a private owner and the vehicle was / was not previously registered in any state.
Snowmobile bill of sale details
The mandatory details that a snowmobile bill of sale should contain include:
- Names and addresses of the sellers and buyers
- Date on which the sale took place
- The make and model of the vehicle
- The identification number of the vehicle
- The purchased price of the snowmobile,
- Dealer (in case the purchase is made from a dealer), tax identification number, and an authorized signature of the dealer.
- Signatures of both buyer and seller
… And you can download a snowmobile bill of sale for FREE
To help you prepare your own bill of sale fast and easily, we provide you with a ready-to-use snowmobile bill of sale template. Just download the form, fill out the appropriate sections and you are ready in the business.