A bill of sale is the legal document that records the transfer of a vehicle from the seller to the buyer. We provide you with motor vehicle bill of sale template that you can use to create your own bills of sale for free.
Main components of a motor vehicle bill of sale template
- The first kind of information should be included in the bill of sale is vehicle information, which includes vehicle identification number (VIN), engine number (if applicable), license plate, make, model, body style, and odometer reading, etc.
- The seller’s information, including printed name, address, city, state, zip.
- The buyer’s information, including printed name, address, city, state, zip.
- Of course, you should also make sure the bill of sale contains the purchase price and sale date.
- The last part of a vehicle bill of sale is the blocks of texts that elaborate the conditions, warranty and signature of both the buyer and the seller.
A bill of sale is the evidence of the ownership of one’s asset, no matter it is a car or boat. It saves the trouble of settling unnecessary disputes. Therefore, it can protect the interests of both the buyer and the seller.