Bill of Sale Template
Welcome to the Bill of Sale Template website! If you are looking for a free bill of sale template to make your own bill of sale, you’ve come at the right place. In our website, you can find all kinds of bill of sale templates including vehicle bill of sale, car bill of sale, motorcycle bill of sale, boat bill of sale and general bill of sale.
But I’m not familiar with a bill of sale…
What is a bill of sale
A bill of sale is a legal written document that a seller issues to a buyer while selling a specific item of personal such as vehicle, motorcycle, boat, antiques, jewelry, sport equipment, etc. A bill of sale records a sales transaction of an item that was made on a certain date, for a specific amount of money.
A bill of sale typically states that the seller has legal title to the selling item and sells it to the buyer. It also serves as a proof of ownership of the item being sold to the buyer. Both buyer and seller should always keep a hard-copy of a bill of sale.
It is clear now however I still wonder what should be included in a bill of sale?
Bill of sale template details
A typical bill of sale should contain at least the following essential information:
- A heading states clearly the kind of bill of sale e.g., car bill of sale, vehicle bill of sale or boat bill of sale.
- A comprehensive description of the item being sold. For example, if a car is being sold, its description should include the make, model, year, color, vehicle identification number (VIN) and odometer mileage reading.
- The name of seller and buyer, and the contact information including address, postal code, and phone number.
- A statement indicates that the seller is legally transferring the title of the item being sold to the buyer.
- The purchase price of the item being sold and form of payment such as cash, credit card, or money order.
- Last but not least, signatures of both seller and buyer must be available on the bill of sale.
- A bill of sale may be notarized if applicable based on the local law.
So, do I have to draft a bill of sale from a blank sheet of paper? I NEED to have ready-to-use bill of sale right now for completing sale transactions legally.
And here are the free bill of sale templates
Good news! to make your own bill of sale, you don’t have to drive to the local legal department such as Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to grab one or spend money buying it online. In this website, we provide you with a comprehensive collection of professionally written bill of sale templates for free.
To make it convenient for you to find the exact bill of sale template you are looking for, we’ve organized our templates into different main categories as follows:
Great, how do I use the bill of sale you guys providing?
Each bill of sale is in Microsoft Word document format so it is simple to use. If you don’t have Microsoft Word, you can find the corresponding printable bill of sale form in PDF format. Just download the form, fill out appropriate information fields and you are ready in the business.
Sound simple isn’t it? Start browsing bill of sale templates
Feel free to browse and download the bill of sale that best suits your needs. If you enjoy using our bill of sale, please drop us few lines via contact form. We are more than happy to hear your feedback or suggestion from you.